1. Put 1 cup of oats into blender and blend until the oats turn to powder
2. Turn of the blender and add 1 cup of egg whites (about 7 egg whites, or use bought 100% egg whites) and 1 cup cottage cheese. (I used 2 1/2 tsp Organ egg replacer, available from Countdown, plus 5 1/2 TBSP water)
3. Add 2 tsp baking powder, 1-2 tsp stevia sweetener blend, and dash vanilla. Blend well
4. Heat non-stick griddle or frypan to medium temp. Spray with a tiny bit of oil spray, or moisten with the slightest amount of butter.
5. Ladle mix onto skillet or pan in desired pancake sized shapes. You may use an egg flip to help spread the pancakes out a little since the mixture is quite thick. (An understatement - it's very thick, even after I added more water! though I don't yet know what it would be like with actual egg whites)
6. Once the bottom of the pancakes are golden brown and the tops have bubbles, carefully use your egg flip to free edges from sticking then turn the pancakes to brown on other side.
7. Transfer pancakes to a paper towel for a minute before placing on a serving platter.
Makes about 9 medium sized pancakes, or 3 serves.
Top with a handful of berries or fruit, a couple of generous tablespoons of yoghurt, and a swirl of sugar-free syrup.
Or serve with fried eggs.
The first time I tried them, in Week 3, I topped mine with Raspberry Cream