1) You will need 150g of steak suitable for frying per person (900g for 6 people), preferably at room temp, so if frozen, put it in the fridge the night before, then get out early enough to reach room temp shortly before you want to start cooking.
2) Preheat oven to 180C (350F) and line two large oven trays with baking paper - set aside.
3) Finely slice 2-3 red onions
4) Crush and mince 3-4 cloves garlic, and place them aside in a bowl with the onion
5) Prep the following veges and pile into a large bowl: 24 brussel sprouts, base removed and cut in half, 3 cups finely sliced red or green cabbage, 10 large leaves of kale or silverbeet, chopped. (Note: alternatives to brussel sprouts are more cabbage, or roughly chopped broccoli or cauliflower - 3 cups). Try to have a mix of colours - I had green cabbage, so used mostly red silverbeet leaves. Rainbow chard are many-coloured silverbeet plants, very easy to grow.
6) Melt 4-5 TBSP coconut oil in a small pot
7) Peel 2 very large or 4 medium orange kumara, wash and pat dry. Now use a peeler to cut the kumara into ribbons - do this over a large bowl or pot. The bulk of the ribbons may surprise you, but it will reduce down considerably upon cooking.
8) Make sure you have on hand - 2 lemons, salt, butter, coconut oil
Kumara Noodles: Toss the kumara ribbons with the melted coconut oil. Spread out onto oven trays, and bake approximately 20 mins, rotating the trays a few times, or using fan bake, until the noodles are golden and crunchy
Steak: Season the steak on both sides with salt (and pepper if desired). Heat 3 TBSP coconut oil in a frying pan. Add steaks when the oil is hot, and cook on both sides until done - 2-3 mins for medium rare, a bit longer for well done. Remove streak from pan and place on a plate, cover with foil and let rest for 5 minutes while you cook the veges.
Vegetable Stirfry: In a clean frying pan, melt 3 TBSP butter over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté until the onion is softened. Add the other veges, stir, pour over 3/4 cup water, and cover pan, cooking veges for 3-4 mins until brussel sprouts softened and other veges wilted. Season with salt, and squeeze over the juice of 1-2 lemons.
Serve: Place a piece of steak, and a portion of the noodle and veges side by side on 6 plates. Admire the lovely colours. Eat and enjoy! :-)